SCiO: A Pocket Molecular Sensor
1. About: SCiO reads the chemical make-up of materials (foods, plants, medications, and plastics). Every use of SCiO, users are helping to build a database of knowledge about the stuff around us. The information gathered goes right back to your cell phone so you can view the information you find.
2. Technology: Near infra-red spectroscopy at the palm of your hand. The physical basis for this material analysis methd is that each type of molecule vibrates in its own unique way, and these vibrations interact with light to create a unique optical signature.
3. Compatible with iPhone and Android.
4. Website includes videos and information about how spectrometers work. Also includes how it can benefit businesses.
5. Purchase includes: the molecular sensor $249.00, or development license $250.00, both $449.00, or an educational package ,$ 4,500.00
The contents of this page were created by Ms. Shelby Rogers, a student at Catawba College, Salisbury North Carolina.